Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A "sTICKy" Situation

Anastyn ended up in bed with us sometime in the wee hours of the morning....again. Nothing new. And when we woke up for the day, we snuggled, and I ran my fingers through her soft hair. Wait a minute - what was that I felt??? What the heck is in your hair?? Upon closer inspection, I realized my little baby had a tick in her hair. No, not just in her hair - it was in her head!!

Well, I didn't freak out. But I did go get my dad out of bed so he could help me figure out what to do! We tried liquid hand soap, and of course a hot match. Neither of which did any good. So I told him to just try to pull it out with a pair of tweezers (which is what the doctor did when BrookLynn had a tick in her head last year).

Luckily, he was able to pull the whole thing out - easy as pie. And Anastyn just laid there so still and calm the whole time. I was so proud of her!! Here she is checking out the bug that was in her head!! She thought it was pretty cool!! - "Look! I had a 'stick' in my head!!" - What a funny girl.

Never a dull moment around here...nope, not ever.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Eww!! that is NASTY. So glad you got it out. What adventures. I can't believe that she just was calm. Grace would've been screaming.

Teri said...

Oh I hate ticks...who doesn't? Poor girl, but she didn't seem to mind. Congrats on 11 years! :)

Stacey said...

YUCK!!! I don't like ticks! Glad she was cooperative and you were able to get it out with no problem!

Michelle Thompson said...

Ticks just sick me out! Luckily, we have never had one! Knock on wood!

Chelsea Tippetts said...

What a sport- both you and anastyn! One more day!!! Hooray!!!

Kristin said...

Haha!! Go anastyn!! You and blynn must have great blood :) Way to go on remembering what we did with Blynn :) haha!!

nina said...

You are so lucky you found it. I check my girls all the time, but they haven't got one yet, thank goodness. I'm so surprised she just let your dad pull it out like that.

ozzmom said...

YUCK!!! glad you got it out now that is going to freak me out I heard they were out but I didn't think they were that bad.

Laurel said...

While we were exploring the desert a few weeks ago, Logan and I had a conversation about ticks. She totally freaked out, and that was just discussing it. Anastyn was a trooper. I'm showing Logan the pictures. Here she comes now. She's going to be totally grossed out!

danielandjamaica said...

I lived in Wyoming for 22 years and I mean LIVED... out in the mountains backpacking and chopping wood etc.and I never had a tick! Anastyn moves there for what? 7 months and she gets one! ? No fair! Thanks for the pictures! Now I know what to look for! So lucky she crawled in bed with you eh?