Wednesday, October 29, 2008
thirty-something
Why does this bother me so much? I can't even explain it to myself. Logically, it isn't that bad. But deep in my heart I despise getting older. I had a mild crisis at 25, for heaven's sake. Last year was bad...the big 3-o. But now I am 31 - might as well be 38! "How old is Catherine?" they will say. "I don't know...in her thirties?" Makes me cringe. But that's okay. The fact is I am getting older. Who cares if I have a little extra fat around the middle? I have two beautiful girls to show for it! So what if I have laugh lines? At least I have been laughing! I guess the scary part about getting older is how fast time seems to fly by. It just makes me realize that I need to enjoy my little girls and my husband and make lots of lovely memories...right now! Maybe time will slow down a bit if I am more careful to live in the moment and observe my life as its happening! So, I had a wonderful birthday! My sweet Mr. Leithead made me breakfast in the morning. I got to have lunch with him and my girls and my parents. My sweet mother made me a yummy birthday cake. I got to go out to dinner with some of my favorite girls....Matty, Anastyn, mom, and mom leithead. And I got all kinds of nice phonecalls and texts and birthday wishes! It was great! And today I went to lunch with a friend whose birthday is tomorrow....happy birthday Teresa!! Here's to turning thirty-something!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Catherine! I totally agree with you about how time flies! It's so strange! I used to think that 30 was sooo old but I don't feel old at all!
I hope you have a wonderful year. You still look great by the way!
Thanks Catherine for going to lunch with me and thanks for the bday wishes. You really don't look 31 and that is all that really matters. And you don't have any fat! You should text me your cell number so we can get together and do something again. I promise I won't screw up trying to program your number in again. Shopping, eating, a movie... I'm game for almost ANYTHING! I so nice to see you and I'm so glad your back in town... now we just gotta get Christina here!
Happy Birthday! I just have to say that you have such cute little girls! That link is for my Aunt who sells Mary Kay and is helping Kyle get started, so by placing an order there she will get the points. Thanks, I know she appreciates it!
I have to agree with you. I can't even remember how old I am most of the time I have to ask Tiana how old she is then subtract a year, at least I ll never be as old as she is. If I remember right you have the same situation. No, we are not in heber in more we are in Oregon and loving it. What took you back to WY? I only wish we could get back there I miss it so bad.
Hyrum
Happy birthday Catherine! Glad you had a good day!
I am totally laughing because, guess what? I'm 38! And I have all the same feelings you do. I can not believe how fast it is all going!
Here's the thing: You're gorgeous! And you wouldn't really want to go back, anyway. So, the only thing we can do is to try to make the 30's look really good!
Happy birthday, you old lady.
Post a Comment