Monday, October 20, 2008

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

...Wait! Isn't that what little BOYS are made of?? Anastyn is obsessed with bugs. 'Hoppers', Crickets, Bees, Spiders, Flies....whatever. She loves them and is completely fascinated by them. She is always on the lookout for a bug. Every time I turn around here comes Anastyn...


"Loot mom! A bud!" She likes to pick them up and watch them wiggle and squirm. Now, I personally hate bugs. Hate them. Whenever I see her coming with one I want to throw my hands up, scream, and run the other way. I have always been afraid of anything creepy-crawly or slimy or gross in any way. My little sister use to chase me around the house with bugs and snakes...I guess Anastyn has that gene too! I try to be very calm because I don't want her to be as scared of them as I am. However, I don't want her to think she can just pick up any bug she sees...what if she gets a hold of a black widow or a bee??? Anyways...we think she's funny...and so darn CUTE!!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so cute!! Too funny.... i have a pic of her trying to get a cricket at my house, Blynn is holding her back!!;)

Anna said...

That is funny, I can't handle bugs either. Thanks for the tag, I thought it was fun to check out pictures I haven't looked at in ages.

danielandjamaica said...

That was my first tag ever, so thanks for making it a success. Also, I understand the bug thing. Michael has never really been into bugs, but Haleigh is. It's even her nickname "Bug". Seriously, ask her what her full name is and she will say, "Haleigh K. Hansen Bug".

Teandra said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog somehow. but just wanted to see if we're related! There sure aren't very many Leithead's around and I thought I knew them all! My maiden name is Leithead. My dad is Scott and his mom and dad are Louise and Horrace from Texas.

Tiana Johnson said...

Hey Guys,
I found you through a long line of blogs but your blog is great. I have a daughter just like this and she doesn't get it from me. I not afraid of bugs but don't love playing with them. Have her collect enough of them and maybe it will scare the police from breaking down the door, again. Hope to her from you soon.
Hyrum

Laurel said...

Hi Catherine! I'm so happy you said hi. Your comment was very sweet and made my day. I'm sure if you grew up in Lovell I must know your family, although I'm betting you are far younger than I (curses!) I know the Leithead name. What was your maiden name. That's the thing I love about growin up there: Everyone knows everybody or can make some connection some way.

By the way, you are gorgeous! And a talented photographer. I loved reading through your posts.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Hi Catherine,
I came across your blog through Laurel's, and had to tell you how beautiful your family picture is on your header, and what beautful children you have. I also grew up in Lovell. You may know my brother, Nathan Brown. I think he was the same age as you and Kyle. I remember you both as little kids. I feel so old:)
Hope you don't mind me being nosy and looking at your blog;)