
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Hot Stuff!!
I am so proud of my "hottie" of a husband!! When we moved back up to Lovell, he decided he wanted to learn how to make and can his mom's salsa and tomato soup. Now, Marla has been making this stuff for years...and it is sooooo good. Every year she sends us a bunch of canned salsa, and every year we eat it like crazy and its gone within a matter of months!!! Well, I guess Kyle figured it was time to let his mom off the hook and decided that we needed to learn how to do this. I thought it was a great idea. But I was kinda thinking a couple batches each of the salsa and tomato soup.....Well, I have officially lost count of how many batches we have made since we got here. Its like everyone's gardens just keep producing tomatoes. THE TOMATOES JUST WON'T STOP!!!! In my prayers I am asking for it to freeze so there will be no more tomatoes!!! Now I have to say, I have helped some with the canning and Kyle's mom has helped a ton...but mostly this has been Kyle's baby. He has experimented a lot. He has made mild, medium, hot, and extra hot salsas, he has pre-cooked the jalepenos in some batches (which supposedly makes them hotter) and we have made a couple batches with cilantro in them. Anyways, I am so grateful for the endless energy Kyle has had to do this...because if it was up to me I would have burned out after the first couple days. No kidding, this has been going on for an entire month!!! So hopefully the weather forecast is right...there will be snow this weekend...there will be no more tomatoes...and we can just sit back and enjoy yummy chips and homemade salsa til next year!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
That looks so good! Can I have the recipe? Mild...please...I know that my Mom would LOVE some and some tomatoes. :)
Katherine, we were so sad to hear that you had moved. I have been thinking a lot about you guys and hoping all is well. I would love it if you could e-mail me the salsa and soup recipe. They sound great. Kyle is awesome! My e-mail address is thompson@cpaz.net
Don't you wish that they had that kind of energy to clean the house :)
Looks good!!!! The is nothing like homemade salsa!!!
We are also sad that you moved. Robb really enjoys your husband and it would have been fun getting to know you better. I'm so glad that you got your blog going again. I hope things work out.
That salsa looks really good. I should learn how to make and can some...chips and salsa are Jonathan's favorite food! Your kids are adorable by the way! I am excited to keep in touch with you more!
Katherine.. that stuff looks so good...chips, salsa, and guacamole are my favorite things to eat. We miss you guys. Glad to hear things are good in Wyoming. I am so glad I found your blog on Andrew and Anna's so we can keep in touch.
MAN! That makes me wish we were going up for Thanksgiving... I'd stop by and get some! That must just be a favorite WY fall past time. I remember my g-ma and aunt coming over and the kitchen full of steam and salsa! MMMmmmmm! :) Nice shirt Kyle! Cat, I tagged you.
Post a Comment