Crazy us. Kyle and I decided to try the infamous p90x. It's a 90 day kick-your-butt workout program that is supposed to give you serious results. I'm sure you've all heard about it. Kyle wants to lean up and get ripped. I just want to get rid of the junk in my trunk and the flabby belly that has been steadily developing ever since we moved back to Wyoming. We considered getting a gym membership, but heard about this program and thought it would be nice to do in the comfort of our own home. :) We are on day 2. Out of 90. My butt has already been kicked. My butt was kicked after the fit test you have to take before starting the program (to make sure you won't kill yourself). I couldn't do a single pull-up. I won't even admit how many push ups I wasn't able to do. And the jumping jacks. Yikes. So, ya, I'm a little bit out of shape.
Yesterday we had an hour of Chest and Back in the a.m. (very, very, very early a.m. – which is a totally separate reason that I am completely exhausted today) and in the afternoon 15 or 20 minutes of “Ab Ripper”. And I am giggling to myself because while Kyle and I were doing the “Ab Ripper”…other things were “letting rip”. If you know what I mean….
…Needless to say I am hurting today. I am grouchy, sore, and very tired. And when 5:30 rolled around this morning and the alarm clock went off – Kyle didn’t even argue with me about putting off our hour of Plyometrics til this afternoon. Unfortunately for me, my children decided to wake up THAT EARLY anyways. Little rug rats.
We just got done with “The Beast” (Plyometrics – or jump training). I hurt. I hurt. I hurt. For the record, I hurt. But I guess that’s good, right? I really hope I burned a few calories…
And right now I just kinda hope that tomorrow never comes. Because I will be waking up early again for things like this: Deep Swimmer’s Press, Full Supination Concentration Curl, Chair Dips, Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Fly, etc, etc, etc. Doesn’t sound fun. And a whole new set of muscles (shoulders and arms) are going to be screaming at me. Oh ya, and we have to do the dreaded Ab Ripper again! Shoot me now.
Kyle told me I look skinnier already! He just doesn’t want me to quit. Nice of him anyways, huh?
I forgot to mention the nutrition part of the program. I told Kyle right up front that I wasn’t even going to mess with that. I don’t mind putting some effort into eating better, but I just can’t make myself eat things like Chilled Cucumber Soup and Soy Sausage Muffins. And I like to eat my sandwiches with bread. Don’t you?? Come on! So, if I don’t see any improvements in my body after I put it through 90 days of torture, we will know why. It’s because I just love my food too much.
Kyle is much more disciplined than I am. I spent a large part of my morning thawing, cooking, chopping, and bagging chicken for him. Because he is going to eat a lot of chicken. I really am sorry that he will have to watch me eat things that he is trying to deny himself. But not that sorry! :)
*Um, guys, I just tried to walk up the stairs and my knees gave out on me. Great.*
Wish me luck!!
Yesterday we had an hour of Chest and Back in the a.m. (very, very, very early a.m. – which is a totally separate reason that I am completely exhausted today) and in the afternoon 15 or 20 minutes of “Ab Ripper”. And I am giggling to myself because while Kyle and I were doing the “Ab Ripper”…other things were “letting rip”. If you know what I mean….
…Needless to say I am hurting today. I am grouchy, sore, and very tired. And when 5:30 rolled around this morning and the alarm clock went off – Kyle didn’t even argue with me about putting off our hour of Plyometrics til this afternoon. Unfortunately for me, my children decided to wake up THAT EARLY anyways. Little rug rats.
We just got done with “The Beast” (Plyometrics – or jump training). I hurt. I hurt. I hurt. For the record, I hurt. But I guess that’s good, right? I really hope I burned a few calories…
And right now I just kinda hope that tomorrow never comes. Because I will be waking up early again for things like this: Deep Swimmer’s Press, Full Supination Concentration Curl, Chair Dips, Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Fly, etc, etc, etc. Doesn’t sound fun. And a whole new set of muscles (shoulders and arms) are going to be screaming at me. Oh ya, and we have to do the dreaded Ab Ripper again! Shoot me now.
Kyle told me I look skinnier already! He just doesn’t want me to quit. Nice of him anyways, huh?
I forgot to mention the nutrition part of the program. I told Kyle right up front that I wasn’t even going to mess with that. I don’t mind putting some effort into eating better, but I just can’t make myself eat things like Chilled Cucumber Soup and Soy Sausage Muffins. And I like to eat my sandwiches with bread. Don’t you?? Come on! So, if I don’t see any improvements in my body after I put it through 90 days of torture, we will know why. It’s because I just love my food too much.
Kyle is much more disciplined than I am. I spent a large part of my morning thawing, cooking, chopping, and bagging chicken for him. Because he is going to eat a lot of chicken. I really am sorry that he will have to watch me eat things that he is trying to deny himself. But not that sorry! :)
*Um, guys, I just tried to walk up the stairs and my knees gave out on me. Great.*
Wish me luck!!
11 comments:
For the record... During the "Ab Ripper" workout, myself, Kyle, had nothing to do with the extra-curricular RIPPING! Here I am trying to focus and count my reps and all i hear is "rip, giggle giggle, rip rip"!
I can't stop laughing!!!! Good luck!! :)
Good luck. I once was so sore after a workout that I had to walk down stairs backwards. Sad, I know.
good luck you guys thats awesome!!!
Craig and I have also purchased this. It is a killer workout. WE didn't stick to it but are planning on starting it back up! Let me know how it goes. AB RIPPER SUCKS!
I am totally with you on the food issue. I don't care, I will not give up food. If I have to work out 2 hours a day, I would rather do that, then deprive myself of real food. Don't get me wrong, I don't go overboard, but I don't believe in depriving yourself of the basics. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have great results with just the workout!
Wow it just sounds painful, good luck!
Good for you!! I wish you luck. I too love food. There's nothing better than having a cookie and a glass of milk after a good workout;);)
Ugh. Not fun. I've heard about this and how brutal it is. My cousin Chelsea has a recipe blog that has lots of great chicken recipes on there. http://mmmcafe.blogspot.com. Look there! :) Good luck
Wow, that sounds really intense. Good Luck!!
Katherine, I ran across your blog while reading another--you know how it goes...anyway, dang, my P90X just came today, and so, thanks for scaring the tar out of me!!! I suppose I'll be blogging about the misery in a couple of weeks (assuming I last that long)!
Post a Comment