Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Almost Got Me...

Anastyn has a new tactic. Last night she wanted to watch a movie so bad. I told her 'no' cause she had already watched like three movies yesterday. And this is after the pediatrician told me to limit the girls' movie watching to 30 minutes a day - say what??? ha. Anyways - she was not happy with my answer. She threw a fit. Cried and carried on. I ignored her. So she left the room for a few minutes.


When she came back, she walked up to me quietly and softly set the remote in front of me. I said thank you. And thought I had won. A few minutes later she came back and said in her very sweetest voice, "Mommy, up?" I looked down into those dark brown puppy-dog eyes and she said, "Mommy, up? Hug?" Of course, I couldn't help myself - I picked her up. She gave me the nicest hug she has ever bestowed upon me. She even squished her cheek against mine and held my face in her little hands. Then she said, "Yuv you, Mommy." I melted and said, "I love you too, Anastyn."


Then she looked me in the eye and said........."Movie??"


Ha!!! That was quite the performance!! She still didn't get to watch her movie. Not because I wasn't dangerously close to caving...but because we had to go to the grocery store. That was a close one!!

**P.S. - Still having trouble going up and down the stairs. Did Yoga X this morning. The only reason it was relaxing is because most of the hour and a half I just watched Kyle and the people on tv do yoga. I really like Child's Pose. Especially at 5:00 a.m.**

3 comments:

Kristin said...

She's so funny!! I can't believe how smart she is. I have to agree on the childs pose. thats my fave too!! :)

Jem said...

How scary for you. You better get on top of that or she will eat you alive in 10 years. Im actually starting yoga tonight. Im excited.

Christina said...

She's pretty sneaky! Watch out! I think I have one of those on my hands too. We'll have to compare notes when they are teenagers!
Good luck with the workouts!