Saturday, June 6, 2009

Growing Up...





Matty turned 5 on Thursday!! She had a wonderful day full of bubble blowing, playing outside with her sister, opening gifts, and celebrating with family! She was so lucky to have Great-Grandpa and Grandma Wardell, Great-Grandpa and Grandma Tippetts, Mommy and Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa Tippetts, Grandpa and Grandma Leithead, Anastyn, Aunt Chelsea, Tyler and Aunt Kari, and Uncle Bob come to her birthday party. We had a fun Luau with Hawaiian Haystacks and Lemonade. And Aunt Chelsea made the cutest "Beach" cupcakes!! There were too many presents to name, lots of clothes and toys and movies! She got so excited over every little card and gift she opened - it was delightful to watch!! Matty's happiness is contagious and she brings so much joy into our lives!!

At Five Years Old, Matty Is:

A music-loving Hannah Montana wanna-be; a crazy-dancing High School Musical finatic; a silly giggle-box that loves to tease; a master snuggler; a flexible contortionist that loves to perform; beautiful singer of primary songs; insufferable loser of glasses; Princess dress wearing girly-girl who loves fancy shoes and flip-flops; professional bath taker; exhausting night-owl who loves to turn on every light in the house in the middle of the night; baby loving, bag carrying, movie watching, meat-lover; Pre-school going, park playing escape artist; Happy Birthday singing, potty-training fan of Rihanna, Kanye West and Taylor Swift; a color-learning, heart-stealing lover of aunts and uncles; a precious angel who is loved more than words can say!

Matty, Happy Birthday! We love you so very, very much!!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday, Matty! Great post, Catherine. It looks like she had a wonderful day.

Michelle Thompson said...

WOW! I can't believe she is 5 already. I love how you posted what she is at age 5. You have the best posts ever! I think you are so creative and a fabulous writer. You should write a book or childrens stories. They would be best sellers! You are so talented you need to use it and I have been told by others that read your blog how much they enjoy reading it!

Lundberg Family said...

Happy Birthday Matty! I love working with her she makes me laugh! Looking forward to seeing her more, I'm glad we get her another year! She is so blessed to have you as a family!

Kristin said...

I wish we could have made it! It looks like it was great fun! You did an awesome job on the party!! Happy B-day Matty!!! We love you and can't wait to see you next week!!! :)

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Matty! She's so dang cute! My kids saw the pictures of your kids and they really want to play with them! We'll have to come to Wyoming soon and let them get together!

The Edwards said...

What a sweet tribute to a sweet little girl! I also loved your tribute to your grandma...what a great way to honor her memory. And I LOVE your new family pics. You have a beautiful little family!

Jules said...

I love your header Fam pic, so cute and your girls are growing so fast!

danielandjamaica said...

Dear Matty,
We were there the day you were born. You were the MOST PERFECT baby we had EVER seen! It's been fun to watch you grow up! We can't believe you are 5 years old! What a little lady you are! We're sure you make the best Hannah Montana wanna be there ever was!
Love,
Daniel and Jamaica

danielandjamaica said...

Hey Cat. Cute bday post. LOVE! Your new family pics. I want Kristin to do some more of us already. And now that I have all this fun photo editing knowledge I don't even really care what I look like because I know I can fix myself!! :) Aren't her wedding pics of Tara and Travis AMAZING? They have been really happy with them.
Love your new family pictures.Love your hair, LOVE Kyle's hair(cut) and 5o'clock goat, and Matty's L O N G hair and Anastyn's beautiful face!
Daniel's in Catalina all week... PARTY!
Do you want me to store your exersaucer or do you want me to drag it up there at the 4th? :) Let me know.

danielandjamaica said...

OH yes! I'll just take it over to Kristen! Good idea! :) See you soon!