Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Week In Review...

Well, we have been busy, busy, busy. Which is typical of December, right? Where do I begin?

Let's see....

We got the Christmas tree finished, which is always my first priority. I love the Christmas tree!! As many of you know, we are living with my parents right now. But my mom let us put up our Christmas tree instead of hers, which was really sweet of her. Kristin brought my finishing touches with her at Thanksgiving (I had her swing by Tai Pan for me...oh how I miss that store...thanks Kristin!!)


We had our ward Christmas party last Wednesday. Lots of good food...a program that I am sure was lovely (don't know for sure, thanks to my almost-two-year-old that didn't want to sit still or be quiet)...and the girls got to see Santa! For some reason, my girls looked like little orphans that night. Darn.

Kyle and I went to his company Christmas party on Friday night. There are more people than I thought that work at Colloid. Tons of people were there. We ate at the Irma in Cody, which I had never been to before. They provided a prime rib dinner and an open bar....Kyle and I drank lots of Mr. Pibb!! Ha ha!! There was a live band and dancing. It was a good time.

We got some lights put up outside. Well, Kyle did...while I supervised and lost control of the girls...who were so excited to be outside!! They were running all over the place (in opposite directions, of course). Matty got out in the field and just kept running and running and running! Can you see her out there??

She scared a jack rabbit out of the field. Funniest thing ever! It was HUGE! It ran up to the road, looked both ways to make sure there weren't any cars coming, then it hopped out onto the road and stood on its hind legs. Then it did some donkey kicks, and finally it just hopped right down the middle of the highway out of sight!!


And yesterday we stayed in our p.j.'s all day. I was working on some Christmas gifts. I am so excited about this project...but mum's the word...it is a surprise for some of you out there! This is the only hint you get:

And while I was busy at the sewing machine, the girls were doing this:

They were so cute dancing together in their pajama tops and some random skirts they pulled out of their closet! And yes, I did join them for a while....good thing I'm the one that runs the camera around here!!!!

I love Christmas time and all the sweet memories that come with it!!!!

8 comments:

nina said...

Your tree looks so good. That was really sweet of your mom to let you put your up. And your girls are just as cute as ever!

Chelsea Tippetts said...

I love reading your posts!! It almost makes me feel like I'm there! Your little orphan babies are so cute!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

The girls are so cute, and I'm sure they didn't look like orphans;) That rabbit is a monster!! How fun that you got a picture. What a beautiful tree. Looks like your ready for Christmas. Have fun!!

Sarah said...

That was a huge jack rabbit and I love your tree it is beautiful.

danielandjamaica said...

Your tree looks awesome. Did you use some things you learned from doing the Jubilee?
It's 6pm and I haven't had a shower yet and have to pick up Michael from basketball and get him to a chior thing at 6:30. That just sums up my day...
as soon as I FIND my cell I'm gonna call you for an address to send our Christmas card.

Shawnee said...

Your tree is AMAZING! Love the picture of a jack rabbit. And of course the girls are adorable, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Brad and Kaci said...

I love your tree! Nice job on the decorations!

JENNIFER said...

You guys are SO adorable! Julie and I are flyin up tomorrow I'm so excited that you guys have gotten snow!! WAHHOOOO!!
ps love the tree!