Just back from a Baby Leithead doctor appointment. It seems that this baby will be known on my "baby ticker" as just that - Baby Leithead - for a very long time. Like around 10 weeks before I am due.
This makes me unhappy. Very unhappy.
I don't like surprises. I like to have a plan.
I had to have an ultrasound last month because I was measuring bigger than we thought I should be. It was too early to tell the sex of our baby. But I just figured I would still get my 20 week ultrasound. Silly me. My doctor told me "no". He said my ultrasound showed that I have a low-lying placenta and that I would need to have another ultrasound between 30-33 weeks. And that was it. No in-betweens. I complained quite a bit - even with my whiney voice. And he still said "no".
What a bummer.
12 comments:
That stinks!!! I'd be so mad! I think you can still schedule one for yourself, though...if you wanted. I don't think insurance covers that though... That's such a bummer! I was mad that we didn't find ours out either at 19 weeks! Then 2 weeks later, I had my OB appointment and he did a freebie U/S for me and told me what it was.
Just call Tom Cruise to see if you can borrow their ultrasound machine. :)
We found out what we were having with 1 and 2, but kept it a surprise for #3. That was so exciting for us! At least you won't have to buy girl clothes if you have another girl and I know a sister named Becky who would love to let you use some boy clothes if you had a boy! Good luck with #3!
That is a bummer. I feel the same way as you do. Sorry to hear about that.
First of all...CONGRATS! I didn't even know you were expecting! That is so exciting! We LOVE babies! But then...Bummer! I am the exact same way. I want to know as soon as I can so I can get to planning. I am surprised you couldn't score another ultrasound though. I have had placenta previa/low lying placentas my last 3 pregnancies and my doc has had me in for at least 4 ultrasounds for each one. Although, it took 3 ultrasounds before we could finally see that Ava was a girl so we still ended up waiting forever.
That does stink! but congrats :)
I cant believe he told you no with your whiney voice...did you give him your puppy dog eyes? Im so happy for you and Im happy that its not me! ;)
Ughhh! That is horrible, how can a doctor do that to a woman. Clearly they don't understand how important it is to know what sex the baby is BEFORE it's arrival.
Big time bummer, I may have an inside scoop for you though... Who is your Doctor? hopefully you can find out soon. I'll send you a inbox message on facebook.
Dude. Was this in Lovell? Who the HECK is your Dr.? (I hope it's in Powell at least) Go to Billings and go to the mall and have one. Or come down here and go to the 4D lady on Bluff street. SERIOUSLY!There's got to be a private ultasound place SOMEWHERE around there! There are ways! You're not the only one who NEEDS to know!!!! ;)
Other than that. It was 68 degrees here today! MISS YOU!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! That is a load of crap! I can't buy any of the cute baby stuff I've been seeing for FOREVER! I'm sending this guy some hate mail ASAP!
Bummer!!!! I hoping you guys get a boy!
Post a Comment