Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day!

Well! We made it through day 1 of kindergarten!! This was a big step for Matty and me and we both had to be really, really brave! Surprisingly, neither of us shed any tears and I wasn't as much of a nervous wreck as I thought I would be. :)
So far I am very impressed with her teachers and all the people that are helping her out while she is there! She needs quite a bit of extra help and everyone seems more than willing to provide it for her. I am confident that she is going to LOVE going to kindergarten! And it is going to be such a good experience for her.
I took some pictures of Matty in her new clothes before we left for the school. She looked so cute - and so BIG. Sniff, sniff. :) After school she came home and immediately took off the outfit I had carefully put together for her big day and...well, you can see for yourself. Quite the fashionista. :) Oh - and the Bermuda Triangle stuck again!! We finally had to buy that 6th pair of glasses!!
While Matty was at school, Anastyn and I were able to spend some one-on-one time together. We had so much fun baking cookies, dancing, and making funny faces for the camera. Anastyn did miss Matty quite a bit. She kept asking if we could go get her from school! It will be good for us to spend a little more time together - just the two of us!!
Life is flying by. My little babies are gowing up. It is exciting, but when I stop and really think I get sad. Potty training stinks (literally) and chasing kids is exhausting. But those sweet morning hugs and those angelic voices calling me "Mommy" are precious and treasured. And probably before I know it, will be replaced by rolling eyes and slamming doors. Can't wait.

11 comments:

Cam, Linz and Cohen said...

Matty is the cutest KinderKiddo ever. And, I just want to kiss that cute little cook..sorry not you..i'm talking about Anastyn. We Miss You Guys!!

Sarah said...

Matty looked very cute and yes the days of eye rolling and slamming doors is ahead but then they will do other cute things and we try to forget some of the notty ones.

Stacey said...

I am so glad you made it thru the 1st day of K!!! Congrats to both you and Matty!!! SHe is a doll in her new clothes!

Christina said...

You guys are all so cute. What a fun day! What a great mommy you are!

Jem said...

You have the best job ever! Im so jealous. I wish I could have been home with my kiddos when they were little.

Michelle Thompson said...

WOW, where has the time gone? They do grow up sssooo fast! She is such a doll in her new outfit. It will be great for you and Anaystin.

Kristin said...

So cute! Glad she loved it! I bet she slept great!! I liked your pics with Anastyn!

Laurel said...

Cute, cute kiddos! And you are right. It won't be long before the eyerolls and the "Mooooooom!s" start happening. My Logan is almost 8 and it's starting to creep in there. ugh.

ozzmom said...

How fun I think I am going to ball my eyes out next year when Ozz goes I will not be happy at all even for him to maybe start going to Preschool have not decided I want him all to myself I don't want him to grow up :(

Bundy Family said...

Way to be brave on not shedding a tear! I know how you feel about them leaving, but is nice spending more one on one time with the ones at home. Does she go to half day or all day Kindergarten?

Warner said...

matty looks sooo cute!! i can't believe how fast they grow up! and anastyn is a little doll too... can't believe how much she's grown since i saw you last! you have such a cute family :)