Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lost

Matty, Matty, Matty. What ever will we do with you??
  • 1st pair of glasses at age 2 (complete with scratch resistant lenses, flex frames, cable temples and saddle bridge) - $500
  • new lenses for 1st pair of glasses just 2 months later (after finding out eye dr. #1 got prescription wrong) - $200
  • 2nd pair of glasses at age 2 (1st pair is in the Bermuda Triangle somewhere) - $99
  • 3rd pair of glasses at age, um, 2 1/2 (forgive me for not remembering what happened to pair #2) - $150
  • 4th pair of glasses at age 4 (pair # 3 came up missing - later to be found) - $150
  • 5th pair of glasses at age 4 (lost pair #4 somewhere in Grpa Leithead's yard months after we bought them) - $40
  • 6th pair of glasses at age 4 (pair #5 has been missing for 5 days) - $$ unknown - yet to be purchased :)
  • my little girls vision - expensive - i mean PRICELESS!
This little girl has had more pairs of glasses in the last two years than I have had in my entire life. We have formed search parties, retraced steps, checked lost and founds, combed through grass in backyards, dug through bags and bags of nasty rotten garbage, and unbolted toilets from bathroom floors. We have had countless adventures, our family and Matty's many pairs of glasses.

Needless to say, I have started to buy the most inexpensive glasses I can find for those beautiful blue eyes. Her last pair was purchased at Wal-Mart for 40 bucks, they were a little too big for her face, and they definitely weren't built to last. But why in the heck would she need glasses built to last when she can't keep a pair for more than six months?? I wonder if they make GPS systems for glasses. hmmmmm.....

Luckily we have an appointment scheduled next week with her new eye doctor. We will have her eyes checked for any changes, and then we will be off to search for a bargain on yet another pair of glasses. Seriously, child.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Adorable post! Cute pictures as well...glasses are expensive!! Britt never lost a pair, thank heavens! Cute stories!

Teri said...

That's pretty funny...to me, the reader...for you, the mother and purchaser of so many pairs of glasses, I'm sure it's not so funny. :)

Jem said...

That was good. Her hair is getting so long. Sure wish you guys still lived here. Jazz was sad that she never got the chance to babysit those adorable girlies. Maybe when we come for Lovells Days, we'll have to go to lunch or something and let her watch them.

The Edwards said...

That is the cutest post...complete with adorable pics.

ozzmom said...

That is so cute and funny I remeber when I was little I would hide my glasses cause I didn't like them and I didn't want to wear them.

nina said...

That's crazy! I'm with you, I would definately be buying the cheaper frames this time around.

Laurel said...

That's funny...but not so funny. Kids! What are you gonna' do with 'em?

Aubrey said...

I can totally sympathize with you!! Brooklyn got new glasses for school and not even two weeks and someone wacked her in the face in PE. I don't know what it did to the frames but we've been to Dr. Jones several times to straigten them out and the poor girl still wears crooked glasses!! Don't tell her I don't think she notices anymore:) Matty sure looks cute in glasses!