Do you know how long it's been since I blogged about the crazy things my kids do? They are always doing crazy things. But I usually post the doozies. There haven't been any doozies for quite awhile.
For the record, I never keep sleeping after the kids have woken up. It's just not smart when you are the mother of my children. But my girls are 8 and 6. Eight and six. 2nd grade. Kindergarten. And we've been sick. I've been sick. I was so tired. So I thought to myself....they'll be fine! Guess what? I don't think I will be sleeping in again until they are grown up and out of my house.
I had to call poison control. 1-800-222-1222.
Ya. I crawled out of bed. Went to the cupboard to get my medicine. Something wasn't right. Chair pushed up to the cabinet. Pill bottles all over the floor. Empty bottle of gummy vitamins. Oh crap, oh crap. What happens if someone eats an entire bottle of vitamins???
I had no idea who did it. Nobody was talking. I automatically assumed it was Mason. I don't know why. I guess because he didn't understand why I was freaking out and wasn't denying anything? Or because he's 2 and the only one who might not know better? Who knows. But I'm pretty sure he didn't appreciate me sticking my finger down his throat trying to get him to throw up. Which didn't work anyways.
Finally, Matty started talking. She said it was her and Mason. Okay, so they shared the vitamins. That's a little better right? So I called poison control, confirmed that there wasn't any iron in the vitamins, and the lady assured me that my children weren't going to die. Worst case scenario they get upset stomachs and a little diarrhea. Even if they did eat the entire bottle. Which, come to find out, is exactly what Matty did. Mason had no part in it. He just couldn't defend himself. I'm sure glad I didn't make him puke. Sorry little dude! It's been a few days. So far no tummy aches or runny poop for Matty. Wow.
Same morning. Same stupid mom sleeping in:
I know Anastyn is younger than Matty. But I usually expect more from her. She might as well be the big sister. She helps me make her instant oatmeal in the mornings. She practically does it by herself. But I'm always supervising. And so when she came in and asked for some, I told her she needed to wait til I got up. Apparently she was starving and couldn't wait. So she proceeded to burn two packets of oatmeal in the microwave. We're lucky she didn't burn the dang house down!
Love my kids. These are the kinds of things I can only laugh about later. They are shaving years off my life, I tell you. And, yes, I learned a lesson - I still can't trust them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment