So since I did some serious slacking over the last few months as far as blogging goes, I am going to try to catch you up to speed. Nothing major happened....just the girls first hunting trip with their dad, Halloween, and
Christmas.
Now, since I missed some pretty big things that deserve their own posts, I am going to split this up into parts.
Part I: Matty and Anastyn's Antelope Adventure!!!
I should probably make Kyle write this post since he was there and I was not....but he's not that into blogging. :) I really don't know what all went down on this little hunting trip. Here's what I
do know: According to the photographic evidence, my children had their hands all over a dead animal. And since I didn't see the photographic evidence until a little later...I'm not quite sure I washed their hands well enough when they got home! Another thing I know is that the girls had a
Fantastic time. I figured they would get very bored driving around looking for animals. I thought they might be a bit sad to watch their dad kill an animal. I even thought they may get a little sick to their stomachs watching it die. Well I was wrong. They were unbelievably excited about the whole entire experience. They were right out there with their dad trying to help him gut the thing! Couldn't believe it...but I'm glad they can make these memories with their daddy. And it is looking like they will be going along every chance they get!
4 comments:
Lol, that's pretty gross alright. I'm always so surprised when kids are not sad about killing animals- I used to cry when they branded the calves!! I guess I cry over everything though...
I am just so glad you are back. Youre posts always make me giggle.
Ew!! Wash their hands again...NOW!!! Looks like a great bonding time!
haha!! I thought Lauren would be a little sad too about watching animals die while hunting with her dad, but turns out she comes home wound up tight and practically yelling in excitment telling me how it only took one shot and then the deer just feel right down!
Post a Comment