Monday, December 6, 2010

We Are "Those" People

I like to think that I keep my family pretty clean. I pride myself on fixing the girls' hair cute every day, making sure their faces are washed and they have clean clothes on. I much prefer myself with my hair fixed and my makeup on. I like to make sure we are all bathed on a regular basis and have brushed teeth. It makes me feel like a good wife and mother. It just does.

But right now...

we are not so lovely. We smell good and look nice about 2 or 3 days out of 7. However - on those days we are in the car and nobody sees us! Another couple days out of the week we are looking just a little "rough around the edges". And then there are the other two days. Oh baby. On those days we are "that family". You know the family I'm talking about. The ones that we are all sure live in a barn. The ones that send their poor little children to school with messy hair and a certain "smell" following them around. The family that I have always tried not to be. That would be us. Right now.

I say all of this with a smile on my face because I know that is not really us. It is...but just for a little bit longer til we have some water at the house. I know I am not the mother of the "stinky family". . . .

But -

do the fine people of Meeteetse, Wyoming know this? :) :) :) Funny. I hope we don't get labled yet. I hope they give us a chance to get our problems straightened out and then we can show them how lovely we really are!!! wink, wink!

5 comments:

Jem said...

Catherine, you couldnt be "that family" if you tried. I am feeling for you, though. Hang in there.

Michelle Thompson said...

Catherine you are too funny, but are no where near "that" family and never will be. I do feel for you and hope that this time passes quickely because I'm sure it isn't too fun!

Stacey said...

Hang in there! I hope it all gets resolved. You are always beautiful!

danielandjamaica said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Not only do we have water, we have potassium chloride purified water... and sometimes we're "that" family!! ;) Not 3 times a week though! :) Just trying to laugh with you! I thought that was all the fun of camping out? You ARE in Meeteesee! :) Do you really not have a drop of running water or is it just all well water?

Anonymous said...

Your family is lovely Catherine! Thank you for coming to Meeteetse and sharing your family with us! :)
-Christi Campsey