My Top Ten List of Things I Have Recently Taken For Granted
10. A nice, long fall
9. Someone to "car pool" kids to school with
8. A good metabolism
7. A really good elementary school with a really good special ed program
6. Not having to pay rent
5. Sleep
4. Living near family and friends and having plenty of babysitters
3. Having a grocery store in town
2. My mom
1. Clean, clear city water
Lesson learned: Be grateful for what you have...things can always get worse!
This move is going to be hard on me. I am losing a lot of helpers, I'm not sure how Matty's education will be affected, I am going to have to think ahead and plan meals and be careful not to forget anything at the grocery store (since the nearest one is 30 miles away). I am going to have to deal with a lot of snow and mud...and worst of all, well water. In. My. Home. Well water that has been sitting in the tank and pipes for years. Brown, stinky well water.
But...it can always be worse. I know someone who will have to move to China soon. China is worse than Meeteetse...right??
P.S. I will be making a list of positive things about my move just as soon as I get settled. And as soon as I think of some. :)
7 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, we miss you guys already!
I'm just shaking my head and saying "poor girl". I can relate I lived in Burlington for 2 years. But the water thing now that is just gross. And talking about taking things for granted. How about your local Y.W. President 8-> You'll settle and maybe even shed a tear when you have to leave.
Oh dear...I'm so sorry! We just got a job transfer to Colorado, so I will stop my complaining now! Chin up, all will work out!
{HUGS}
I think it'll be like camping out! :) That's fun right? Get a brita water filter thing and keep it full in the fridge. You might have deer and other friends right in your yard! We went camping outside Meteetsee 2 summers ago and we counted like 70 deer in a 2 mile stretch + some Buffolo. And it was BEAUTIFUL!
I worry about Matty's education though too. Is Cody really 30 miles away? Sorry, I tried to be only positive! ;)
UH OH!!! I hope it is a positive move for all of you when you get there and settled! You are in my thoughts!
I thought Mesquite was bad. . . no mall. I am sorry. I know that you will make the best of it.
Well, hmmm...Meeteetsee is in a beautiful place...You'll make the best of it. You have that can-do attitude that I love!
Post a Comment