Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life Happens...

June and July have gone by in a blur. So much has been going on and we have been extremely busy. There have been so many activities, family visitors, and basically a lot of chaos. There is really no way to even summarize....to tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't even remember many details. Everything has been happening in such rapid succession!! But such is life.

I am reminded of a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley that I love...it helps me remember that life isn't supposed to be perfect:

“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”

When I think about the beautiful vistas in my life, I am extremely grateful that I have as many as I do. My family being the most important. What a blessing it is to be surrounded at all times by people who love and care deeply for you. I am so proud to belong to such wonderful families that rally around eachother and support eachother in all things wonderful and difficult!!

3 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

What a great post. I need to read these type of comments often to keep me remembering what is most important in life and to help me look at the bright side of things. Thanks Cathryn, your great!

Jem said...

I really needed that post today. Thanks

Lundberg Family said...

I don't recall that being said by Pres. Hinkley! I love it! It is perfect and just what I needed to hear! Thanks!